Bendigo Funeral Bond
The Bendigo Funeral Bond is a capital guaranteed investment plan designed solely to accumulate funds to finance the costs of your funeral. The issuer of the Bendigo Funeral Bond is the Australian Friendly Society ABN 29 087 648 851, which has been caring for the financial needs of Australians since 1969.
Your investment is designed to keep pace with inflation and rising funeral costs. It is professionally managed and administered by Sandhurst Trustees Limited.
A thoughtful and practical legacy
Peace of mind and consideration for family and friends are two good reasons why many Australians plan ahead to meet the cost of funeral expenses. They see it as a sensible and responsible way of leaving everything in order so the financial burden does not fall on those they care about.
Security and peace of mind
The concept and operation of the Bendigo Funeral Bond is simple and flexible. It is a secure savings and investment plan designed solely to accumulate funds to finance the cost of your funeral, removing the financial concerns for your family and friends.
You have the option of individual or joint ownership and you can also assign ownership of the bond to a funeral director as part of a pre-paid funeral arrangement.
A broad range of benefits
The following is a summary of the benefits of the Bendigo Funeral Bond. Full details are contained in the Disclosure Document, which you can download from this page or pickup at any Bendigo Bank branch. Alternatively, call us on 1800 803 173 or complete the further information form and we will be pleased to post you a copy.
- Removes the worry and financial burden for family members
- You can relax knowing that your investment and accumulated bonuses are capital guaranteed.
- Professional investment management and administration
- Low risk investment strategy
- Protects against inflation and rising funeral costs
- Start with as little as $500 or $42 per month via our savings plan (plus a contribution fee)
- Pre-select and pre-pay your funeral arrangements by assigning the Bond to a funeral director of your choice
- Maximise Social Security and Veterans' benefits. Investments of up to $12,500 (current threshold for the 2016-17 financial year) in a funeral bond such as the Bendigo Funeral Bond, are exempt from Centrelink and the Department of Veterans' Affairs income and assets tests.
- A choice of single or joint ownership
- 30 day cooling-off period
Bond holders can also take advantage of the Bendigo Funeral Bond Travel Protection Plan* (Plan) which is an optional benefit that covers the transportation cost in the event of your death in Australia 70km or further from your residential address.
The Plan covers the cost of transportation of your remains from the place of death to the chosen funeral home, up to a maximum of $3,000. The funeral director must operate within 70km of your residential address. You must be a permanent Australian resident aged 18 to 84 years to be eligible to apply for the Plan.
The cost is $150 per Plan for both individual and joint cover.
*The Travel Protection Plan is issued by AIA Australia Limited ABN 79 004 837 861 AFSL 230043. Please refer to the current disclosure document for more details on this Plan.
Consult your financial adviser:
We recommend that you consult your financial adviser prior to investing in the Bendigo Funeral Bond. Your financial adviser will be able to determine whether the Bendigo Funeral Bond is an appropriate investment choice for you given your personal circumstances, objectives and needs.